:::::Updated Post – Sept. 29, 2014 @ 2:45pm:::::
Most Denial of Service attacks last up to 24 hours. We understand the importance of the uptime of your website, and as we are currently working on a resolution as quickly as possible, we would like to offer you the option of switching the IP address your site uses by updating your DNS Settings, in lieu of waiting for the attack to cease.
The new IP Address is 184.108.40.206. To switch to this new IP Address (A Record), please follow the instructions below. Please note that these instructions are only if we host your DNS:
- Log into https://my.hostmysite.com
- From the dropdown, select the subscription affected
- Select “Classic Control Panel”
- Once in the Classic Control Panel, select “Domain Name Administration > DNS Administration”
- In the line of the Domain affected, select “Advanced DNS Administration”
- Under Type “A (Host)”, where Data is “220.127.116.11” please select “Update”
- Input 18.104.22.168 as the new IP Address, and click “Update”
If HostMySite manages you’re DNS, and you would like us to make this change for you, please just reply to the email you received or call the Support Team.
::::Original Post – Sept. 29, 2014 @ 10:20am:::::
We are currently experiencing a denial of service attack against the server WestVirginia. All sites on the server that are using the shared IP address are currently down as we had to null route the IP to prevent further impact. We are currently working on a resolution as quickly as possible and will continue to update this blog post as we have more information.
We appreciate your patience as we work to resolve this issue.