****Final Update: 10:30AM ET on 2/18/2015*****
The issue on the server has been resolved by our System Administrators. All sites hosted on lin-web17 are now loading properly. We thank you for your patience during this outage! If you should have any additional questions, please feel free to contact the HostMySite Support Team at 1-877-215-HOST (4678) or submit ticket by logging into https://solutions.hostmysite.com.
*****Update: 9:07AM ET on 2/18/2015*****
To verify if your site is affected by this server, please PING your domain name by doing the following:
Windows Ping Directions
- Open a Command Prompt in Windows
- Type the following command: “ping yourdomain.xyz” (replacing with your particular domain name)
Mac Ping Directions
- Double-click the Macintosh hard drive.
- Double-click the Applications folder.
- Double-click the Utilities folder.
- Double-click the Network Utility icon to open the Network Utility window.
- Click the Ping tab
- Enter a domain in the Please enter the network address to ping field.
- Select 5 for the number of ping packets.
If the returned IP value returned by this command matches any of the following, you are affected by this server issue.
*****Original Update: 8:57AM ET on 2/18/2015*****
We are currently experiencing a problem with one of our Shared Linux Webservers. Our Platform Operations team is currently working on this as a top priority and hope to have it resolved shortly. We will continue to update this blog on the current status either every 30-minutes or when we receive an update (whichever comes first).
Please continue to check this blog for updates. We sincerely apologize for this issue and hope to have it mitigated quickly.
If you should have any additional questions, please feel free to contact the HostMySite Support Team.